Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tell me...

... how in the heck he went from this:


... to this in 365 days.  (He's only one, I really shouldn't say hell around him, you know.)


Magic and good parents, would be my guess. Today, our little guy, my Godson, my youngest nephew, the one who shares my initials, is 1.  Wow.  He's loud and funny and silly and oh so happy.  He's curious and stubborn. I just watched his mommy tell him NO when he was trying to put his fingers in the DVD player over and over again.  He made the saddest face, then stuck his finger back into the DVD player just one more time before getting into some other sort of mischief.

His favorite toy is this:



Landon's first word was "mama".  Shannon earned that for sure.  He scared us when he came into this world.  We'd been used to Randy's babies coming into our lives in a relatively calm way.  (Easy for me to say!)  Landon was in the wrong position to be born the usual path.  After about 8 hours of labor for Shannon, the nurse figured it out and Landon was born by c-section.  He didn't breathe immediately.  I remember getting a text from my 6'5" manly-man of a brother saying "Holy $hit!" when they found out there needed to be an emergency c-section.  And then a text saying "I wish you were here.  He's going to be ok, right?"  I was watching Gavin and Sydnee.  Waiting.  Scared.  Helpless.  I can't begin to imagine what Shan and Randy were feeling.


Randy and Shannon didn't get to touch him until Landon was 7 hours old.  Aside from the bruise on his back, he was pink and perfect.  Big hands and big eyes.

Now, he's big and bright.  He's constantly on the move.  He kisses and hugs.  He bangs on things and pushes things over.  He's a boy.

Like the day I told you about his birth, no hell today folks.  Just a little heck.  My life is bigger now than a year ago... funny how it grew the exact amount to fit a 1 year old.


No comments:

Post a Comment